Thursday, March 3, 2011

Over the river and through the woods to grandma house we go!

After reading several different versions of Little Red Riding Hood(LRRH) it is very clear as to the moral that is portrayed. Never talk to strangers! Every story has the same general story and that being; a young girl is instructed by her mother to take her grandma something to eat due to the fact she is sickly. While the child is on her adventure through the woods she encounters a wolf who she proceeds to talk to. The wolf finds out what her destination is and beats her there so that in the eat her.  

LRRH is a story I can easily relate to my life because of the fact I visited my grandmother all the time. I lived out in the country therefore I would just hop on my ATV and drive through the woods and be at my grandmas in just a jiffy. It was always terrifying to make that journey alone and the last thing I would ever do is stop to talk to someone, let alone a wolf! My mom made it very clear to me that if I was ever to encounter danger I was to stay on the trail and speed away and seek safety. 

I have not read LRRH since I was a small child. I did not realize how much it actually related to my life, but now after reading it now I see why my mother read it to me as a child and stress the fact to never speak to strangers. 

1 comment:

  1. My parents taught me the same, only differently. As a young boy growing up, I lived on military bases all the time, so I never left the base unless I was with my parents. So they taught me to be polite to those I didn't know, and then quickly leave if I felt uncomfortable. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete